Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GaryLD @charlene_odaga 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

GaryLD
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me and it's only been a week. Apparently PayPal can hold funds for up to 21 days. I've made about 6 or 7 transactions and all were instant, within seconds. I'm in US and sold some items to someone in Canada, and even though they got their items already and confirmed it, my money will be on hold for another 2 weeks. It's ridiculous, PayPal needs to change this policy or at the very least give us some fees back because that's interest we're losing out on.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GaryLD @charlene_odaga 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. They can validate the tracking information online, so once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale or no tracking number is applicable Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

However If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer or sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer or sender confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after the buyer or sender verifies receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haiti954
Contributor
Contributor
Your money can be hold for 3 weeks and after that you’ll get it. PayPal do that to prevent fraud
Login to Me Too

charlene_odaga
Contributor
Contributor

thankyou, i appericiate, that is solved i guess

Login to Me Too

violetalvarez05
Contributor
Contributor
I waited almost 2 months n nothing yet
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.