payment cancelled

jhardy0107
Contributor
Contributor
about a month ago i sold an item on the shopping app Depop, it was $10 but i never got my payment. was stuck on pending for some time and just recently said it was cancelled. how do i get my payment??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhardy0107 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you sell something and your buyer pays, Paypal credit you upfront and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so your buyer gets the item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave their bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER Paypal only do this if the buyer has a back up card linked to their paypal account as well, if not then it goes as an echeque and you and the buyer have to wait for it to clear. If you get the message that it failed then the buyer did not have enough cash in their bank account to fund the payment and so you have not been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhardy0107 

Was it a pending echeque with a clearance date and if failed?

Was it pending only in the senders paypal account and showing unclaimed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jhardy0107
Contributor
Contributor
it said "payment recieved-pending" and now it says "payment recieved-cancelled." it said the sender sent the money but i never got it. i have no idea what could've happened.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhardy0107 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you sell something and your buyer pays, Paypal credit you upfront and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so your buyer gets the item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave their bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER Paypal only do this if the buyer has a back up card linked to their paypal account as well, if not then it goes as an echeque and you and the buyer have to wait for it to clear. If you get the message that it failed then the buyer did not have enough cash in their bank account to fund the payment and so you have not been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.