no refund

os2021
New Community Member

hello. my laptop was hacked by a trojan last week and someone used it to buy something from a site. i contacted that site support and told them to stop the order. I also filed a case through paypal. the dispute rejected and i called paypal support and they opened it 2 more times just to close it again after 10 minutes. the shopping site tells me the order is cancelled and i need to contact paypal for the refund but no one seems to help. what do i do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@os2021 

Sadly as the unauthorised transaction was caused by you ie via a trojan on your laptop then Paypal may consider that its your responsibility and not paypals.

Check the section on unauthorised in paypals user agreement and see what it says as regards your transaction.

However why would the site that was paid not refund you once you cancelled the order?  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@os2021 

Sadly as the unauthorised transaction was caused by you ie via a trojan on your laptop then Paypal may consider that its your responsibility and not paypals.

Check the section on unauthorised in paypals user agreement and see what it says as regards your transaction.

However why would the site that was paid not refund you once you cancelled the order?  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.