no option as "for goods and services" available while sending money

zbingo
New Community Member

hello, 

I was recently sending money to a guy to buy a cooking device from him. I was wondering that no option as sending money "for goods and services" was availalbe during the transaction. The transaction was directly set to "for family and friends" by default, which could not be changed. The guy turned about to be a fraud. 

I tested transaction to my wife's paypal account. Both options are available. 

How could this happen? What did that guy manipulate the transaction features of paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @zbingo,

Welcome to our community page and thank you for your post!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. You can send money to friends and family or pay for goods and services in the Send & Request tab at the top of the PayPal page. The receivers will not have the option to disable the option to receive Goods and Service payments. It could be a technical glitch. I recommend that you to try again at a later date by clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser or try to use a different internet browser/device.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.