money on hold

johnnyamg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I received a payment and I'm able to see the money on hold in my account, is there any chance the money could return to the person that sent them if they made any type of claim? Or should I be sure that I'll have them? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnnyamg 

Yes, the buyer has 180 days from date of payment to file a claim but PayPal typically releases payment after 21 days if no claim is reported. 

You may be able to get the payment released upon delivery by adding tracking number to the transaction and PayPal’s system checks for delivery. This may not be available for all countries though so must wait the 21 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnnyamg 

Yes, the buyer has 180 days from date of payment to file a claim but PayPal typically releases payment after 21 days if no claim is reported. 

You may be able to get the payment released upon delivery by adding tracking number to the transaction and PayPal’s system checks for delivery. This may not be available for all countries though so must wait the 21 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.