linking a bank account.

Ad3210
Contributor
Contributor

good day to all.

I have already set up a PayPal(business) account. The problem is i could not link to my Citibank debit card to my PayPal .FYI I am based in Kuala lumpur, Malaysia. When i try to connect it only shows the USA banks options.

Maybe i set up using USA PayPal account. If it is a mistake how can i integrate it with Malaysian banks. Thanks for any assistance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that's why for sure.

You should create a new local Malaysian account and be able operate according to Malaysian PayPal branch and rules.

Maybe it will be not possible to link a US issued card on Malaysian PayPal account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that's why for sure.

You should create a new local Malaysian account and be able operate according to Malaysian PayPal branch and rules.

Maybe it will be not possible to link a US issued card on Malaysian PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ad3210 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ad3210
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer.Now i understand the situation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.