how to change vendor payment from inactive back to active

mvno
Contributor
Contributor

I made an automatic payment inactive.  A few months later I signed up for the service again, but the vendor can't process my payment.  How do I re-activate the auto payment so the vendor can charge my PayPal again?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @mvno,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

An automatic payment is initiated from the merchant directly. Once you cancel an automatic payment through your PayPal account, the agreement is cancelled. If you want to sign up with the merchant again, you will need to do it through their website directly. A new agreement would need to be signed.

To view/edit your automatic payments, simply follow the steps here.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @mvno,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

An automatic payment is initiated from the merchant directly. Once you cancel an automatic payment through your PayPal account, the agreement is cancelled. If you want to sign up with the merchant again, you will need to do it through their website directly. A new agreement would need to be signed.

To view/edit your automatic payments, simply follow the steps here.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

mvno
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  Sort of what I thought.  I switched payment to my Visa, might let it go for a couple of billing cycles and try PayPal again.  This might trigger the Vendor to request a new contract and agreement.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.