how long does it take for someone to recieve a refund

Mal0781_
New Community Member
A friend send me money the business way instead of family and friends. I refunded the money back to him on November 30th. He is still saying the money hasn't processed on his end.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mal0781_,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that there is confusion about the delay in the sender receiving a refund, and I'll be happy to shed some light on the reason why.

When a person funds a transaction with their bank, the money movement is not instant. PayPal puts the money up for the sender while the funds move in the background, which is a process that will take multiple days. If a refund is given before the funds have settled, the refund is held until the funds have settled from the bank. At that time, the refund applies and the funds are sent back to the bank that was used, which will also take multiple days.

I hope this helps you and your friend understand the reason for the delay, and hat to expect.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.