got this weird email asking me to open a business acct on paypal from etsy

chilibean1
Contributor
Contributor

I got this weird email via etsy from a place I had ordered a christmas gift from.... I don't want to open a business account... I don't have a business.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?   

Good day friend. Your order is ready. But unfortunately, trouble happened to our Paypal. One unscrupulous customer received his suit and requested a refund on our Paypal. Now it is blocked and there is a big minus. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to withdraw money for orders and now I don’t have money to send orders. I suggest you open a business on Paypal. Just indicate the reason for the non-delivery of the item. Paypal will return the funds to you within 10 days. I understand if you want to cancel the order. But if you decide to transfer money to us to our other Paypal. Then we will make you any figurine that you choose as a gift. We have several shops. You can look at something there and choose. Please give your answer. Best wishes!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi chilibean1, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

if you have not received this purchase, and the merchant is unable to ship the item to you, please open an "item not received" dispute. Please review this link for information on how to open a dispute - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-i-have-a-problem-with-my-paypal-purchas...

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.