first time user. why a hold on my money. and do they really hold until a customer reviews

Dislike1
New Community Member

Paypal is holding my money for 21 days, making money on it after they charge a fee for using. Do they really hold your money until customer gives a review?

This will be the last pay pay transaction I ever make. Does anyone else have  this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dislike1 

making money on it after they charge a fee for using”

You sure you are a first time user? lol because seasoned, embittered users would say something like that, haha.

New users have to build up a good track record of successful transactions on PayPal (ie, no disputes and the like).

To get funds released sooner, add tracking number to the transaction. Money is usually released within 1 day of confirmed delivery. PayPal automatically verify the delivery, but if there’s a delay and funds aren’t released after 3 days from the date of delivery, contact customer service via email, messaging or phone.

For virtual items/services, update order status to “order processed” or “completed” and the money will be released in 7 days.

For either situations, it’s optional to ask customer to confirm receipt.

Here’s more info:

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.