fee problems/ scammer

nazonaz
New Community Member

someone is sending me international transactions for the first time and the person is sending me money amount of **** euros the fee is 75 euros but the person says that I need to transfer him the 75 euros first and then the money will come to me. he did send me a screenshot with proof too. but I want to check the ref code, to see if the transaction is real. 

how can i know its real please help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mary_Bonita23
Contributor
Contributor
Same think happened to me too.. But the scammer wanted me to buy bitcoin to receive the payment.. He even send me a screen shot of the proof.. Found an email in my junk with the "transaction" .. I know it's a scammer
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @nazonaz

Welcome to the PayPal Community. I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion over a payment you're expecting to receive. If they are asking you to send them money first, normally it is not going to be a legitimate transaction. I would not recommend continuing with this transaction if they are asking you to send money to receive money. Here are a few resources you may find useful: 

How do I receive money?
How do I spot and report a fake PayPal email or website?

Good luck with this and future transactions, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.