default currency

guyr26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

For months I paid all my subscriptions ( netflix itunes etc ) with Paypal.
I have a credit card ( from Oman ) connected to my paypal acount ( I currently live in Oman.
The credit card however is connected to an EURO account at HSBC Oman.

For months the amount of euros ( 13.99 ) for netflix was distracted from the euro account.
But since 1 month 15.25 euro is distracted Paypal shows the amount is converted to OMR riyal and the rate is very bad.

-Why suddenly this convertion is applied

-If I do payments manually I can choose the currency EUR or OMR but with automatic payments I don't get that choice. So Paypal is charging me a conversion I don't want.

-I made some claims but I don't get any further than a default answer from Paypall, seems inpossible to talk or message a human being. very dissapointing.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @guyr26,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

When you add a card to your PayPal account, the currency is automatically set in the country that the card is registered in. 

If you want to change the currency of your card, simply contact our customer support and we can get this sorted for you. To do this, please click 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Alternatively you can contact us via Twitter or Facebook.

- Rachel 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

guyr26
Contributor
Contributor
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @guyr26,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

When you add a card to your PayPal account, the currency is automatically set in the country that the card is registered in. 

If you want to change the currency of your card, simply contact our customer support and we can get this sorted for you. To do this, please click 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Alternatively you can contact us via Twitter or Facebook.

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.