default conversion rate set to NOT paypal, but paypal still used it's own rate. Can i do anything?

Zsoltpopa
Contributor
Contributor

The title says everything. Like many of you, I too get mugged by paypal. At my previous transaction, i remember setting my default conversion rate to my credit card's rate, but nonetheless, at my current payment, paypal just converted my US dollar payment into local currency, then back again, costing me 10 dollars. I find this outraging.  Can i do anything? Cancel my payment, and get back my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zsoltpopa 

You’ll have remember to set who does the conversion for every int’l transaction these days. You must ask recipient to refund your transaction within 24 hrs of receiving it for PayPal to refund you at the same exchange rate used. Beyond 24 hrs, the rate would be at a different/poorer rate.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zsoltpopa 

You’ll have remember to set who does the conversion for every int’l transaction these days. You must ask recipient to refund your transaction within 24 hrs of receiving it for PayPal to refund you at the same exchange rate used. Beyond 24 hrs, the rate would be at a different/poorer rate.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.