customer refund is less than the original amount because of exchange rate. Is this true?

alastairhanson
New Community Member

Hi all,

I made customer refund for an item that was purchased from our website but we didn't have in stock.  The customer is now telling me that they received less back to their account than they paid - a LOT less.

The amount of the transaction was GB£ 3200. approximately.  They bank in Israeli Sheckels.  They tell me they received back only about 90% of the original amount paid because of the exchange rate difference between when they paid and when the refund was received. 

I don't believe this to be the case - surely refunds are made to the same amount charged.  Anyone have any info on this please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello @alastairhanson,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You will then see what contact options are available to you. 

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.