cash a check service

Val999
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have or can't find the "cash a check service" option in my app, so I'm stuck with the stimulus checks without the ability to cash them. Any advice?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Val999
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I don't have that option in my wallet, I don't have neither a bank account nor any credit cards here in Poland, and that's where I'm, due to medical condition - stuck, I'm unable to travel. Nothing that is mentioned by PayPal in questions and answers works because certain app functions are turned off for my location. I'm about to lose the first check.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Val999 

It helps if you say which country you are in when you post a question.

The cash a check service is U.S only based as far as I am aware.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Val999
Contributor
Contributor

A while back, PayPal claimed to have allowed Americans living abroad to cash the stimulus checks by opening an account (I still have the saved links but they no longer work). I had an account both in a bank and PayPal when I was still in the US. Leaving for a few years I closed them . Looks like I'm about to loose badly needed $3200.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Val999 

Do you still have a U.S paypal account then OR did you open a Polish account?

If the former you may have luck cashing it in but if the latter you probably won't.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and see if they can help you?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.