can't use paypal to pay for hulu

hawaiistev
Contributor
Contributor

why do i keep getting this message when trying to use my bank account through paypal to pay for hulu?

"Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @hawaiistev,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to know that you're unable to make a payment. Preapproved payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you purchase on their website. This is something that has to be set up on the first checkout with the merchant. As per the error, it seems like you'll have to reach out to the merchant for further assistance.

Best wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

hawaiistev
Contributor
Contributor

the pop up message is coming from paypal though, not hulu.   they should be able to fix it.  once you click on the paypal option for payment, you have to click another button that says "continue with paypal".  you then leave the hulu sight and it takes you to a checkout pop up from paypal. 

this is in the search box at the top of the paypal pop up;   

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?token=EC-0BT77391L3902322T&sessionID=uid_a6bfbdf0d6_mtu6mta6md...

then it has the paypal logo and this;  

Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

Your info is secure with PayPal

i'll call hulu but this is coming from your end, not sure how they can do anything about it.  the "we" in that statement is paypal.  paypal is the one unable to "set up preapproved payments at this time".  if i have to "return to the merchant and choose another way to pay", why is paypal even listed as an option.  you should remove it as a payment method from the hulu sight.

Login to Me Too

hawaiistev
Contributor
Contributor

sorry, when i entered the comment, it auto corrected that https link so that is the incorrect one.  i'll try it again.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?flow=1-P&ulReturn=true&token=EC-0PG497382T433105B&sessionID=ui...

Login to Me Too

hawaiistev
Contributor
Contributor

so it appears you guys are just going to ignore this.  your customer service is beyond trash. 

you show no contact email, your phone is clearly an outside of the u.s. call center,  i could barely understand the guy and he couldn't figure out what i was talking about.  the chat is obviously the same call center, same problem, they couldn't figure out what i was saying, obviously a language barrier.  so i had to resort to this board which took 3 days to get a single reply and it did nothing more than try to deflect the blame to someone else for a problem that is clearly caused by you guys, and then replies were just flat out ignored.

payments are the only thing you do and you can't even do that right.  you can't get your payment system to work right for hulu, so i have zero faith that you can keep my banking info secure.  closing my account with this useless company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.