bank deposit still not available

Temp20220623a
Contributor
Contributor

I made an electronic transfer from my bank (CapOne) to my account at PayPal on June 18th.  My bank (online and via phone) confirms the funds were transferred to PayPal for my PP account via ACH transfer.  My PayPal account summary reports the funds were debited from the bank on June 18th.  However, the entire transaction remains 'Pending' at PayPal and the funds are still not available as of June 23rd.  The transaction summary shows the funds may not be available till June 29th.  WHY?  PP support claims the 'bank' is holding the funds.  CapOne says the funds have left the bank via ACH.  Someone is lying.  Someone is sitting on my funds preventing me from completing an international (UK) app purchase.  Who is holding these funds???  The bank account is debited.  My PayPal account has not received the funds (i.e. 'Pending').  Where IS my money??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220623a 

3-5 business days as per link as it goes via the cheapest echeque option.

Date given is an estimate dependent on your banks processing times.

Paypal can't credit your account until they have received the funds from your bank.

Although 29th seems a bit long?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220623a 

3-5 business days as per link as it goes via the cheapest echeque option.

Date given is an estimate dependent on your banks processing times.

Paypal can't credit your account until they have received the funds from your bank.

Although 29th seems a bit long?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220623a
Contributor
Contributor

The funds were accessed by PayPal on the 18th of June.  The PP website shows these funds will not be available from June 24th through June 29th.  Facts!  Obviously, 'transferring' funds from your bank to PayPal is a haphazard process certain to be delayed.  Money is transferred via ACH, not an 'echeck' as put forth by the company.  The funds just don't 'disappear' into the ether for 5 days.  The funds are not held by the bank.  So, this is a process that PayPal uses that can only benefit the company, not the customer.  Of course, we will never do this again with PayPal.  No one should.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.