anyone else suddently getting declines and "nationality is still missing" ?

qruising
Contributor
Contributor

My Years-old account suddenly can't pay for invoices, and when i went to Money, Banks and Cards, got this utterly bizarre message:

nationality is still missing

with a link to "Add Nationality", which of course does nothing.

Account was working fine last month.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Rathen

I am having the same problem. Has anybody called paypal about this?

Login to Me Too

pberries
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. I've just created a new business account and got this message, as well as the dead link.

Did anybody find a solution?

How do we even flag this to Paypal?

Login to Me Too

PetrosMi
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Succesfully added new card from mobile app PayPal on Android.

Login to Me Too

qruising
Contributor
Contributor

22 hours after contacting PayPal, got a response which included this statement:

• I have reviewed your PayPal account and our system reports. We have been informed of an ongoing system upgrade affecting other PayPal customers stating that their nationality is missing.
  • We are already engaged in this technical issue and fixing it in the soonest possible time. I already have reported your PayPal account to out IT Support Desk so they can directly attend to your PayPal account and have it fixed within the week.

So we just have to chill out some number of Days while not having access to our funds, that's all...  😕

Login to Me Too

qruising
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, now i have a nationality!  Still get Declined on transactions, so it's still broken, but slightly less so.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @qruising and everyone! 

Thanks for reaching out and posting your questions on the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty caused because you're unable to update your nationality. After investigation, the internal issue has been corrected. If you're still experiencing difficulty, please clear your cache and cookies or try another browser. If you still cannot make account changes or complete a payment due to an error about updating your nationality, please let Customer Support know by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. 

@qruising, I understand your transactions are still being declined, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. A great Help Center article that you may find useful is: Why was my payment declined? In addition to the tips offered in this article, I recommend ensuring you're logging in from one consistent device whenever you use PayPal. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too
Solved

qruising
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, after PayPal fixed whatever upgrade bug that caused the Nationality problem, my existing bank account was no longer linked.  Paypal support linked it for me, and now the account is functional again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.