anyone else suddently getting declines and "nationality is still missing" ?

qruising
Contributor
Contributor

My Years-old account suddenly can't pay for invoices, and when i went to Money, Banks and Cards, got this utterly bizarre message:

nationality is still missing

with a link to "Add Nationality", which of course does nothing.

Account was working fine last month.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

qruising
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, after PayPal fixed whatever upgrade bug that caused the Nationality problem, my existing bank account was no longer linked.  Paypal support linked it for me, and now the account is functional again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Zanayatv
Contributor
Contributor
Me too 😞
Login to Me Too

ocil
New Community Member

Me too 😢. What's the deal?

Why pressing the Add Nationality button does nothing? Not the best user experience.

Login to Me Too

kouribird
Contributor
Contributor

same here

if you hover over the "add nationality" link, you can see that it doesn't even have a redirect; it just reloads the same page. lame, also not the first time i've dealt with paypal having fully broken links that are vitally important

Login to Me Too

Anotherme1993
New Community Member
I have same problem as you
Login to Me Too

kingsta1
Contributor
Contributor

Same. Account limited, "Add nationality" button just refreshes the page.

Login to Me Too

Neog2
Contributor
Contributor

Thought this was just me.
I have had PayPal for over 20 and half years. I switched my Personal Account to a Business account back in like 2010.
Done well over 10k individual business transactions and insane amounts of money has been received and sent through my paypal account.

I'm not sure if Nationality was even an option back in the year 2000, but considering my Social Security Number, my Business Tax ID and all addresses and bank accounts are all United States Based. I can't imagine all of a Sudden my Nationality has never been entered before.

Not to mention why is this coming up under Bank Accounts and Cards.  This message should be under Profile with your personal information..

2023 already has had multiple weird things happening.

Login to Me Too

khaledaboelkhai
New Community Member

Yes, me also

Login to Me Too

salas401

Ah so this is a very recent issue.

I just made a business account for freelancing and I just received this message when I tried to add my card. Thought PayPal was rejecting my attempt to make a business account on top of a personal account.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.