Your payment has been declined (card issuer)

xKwm1
Contributor
Contributor
When I added my Prepaid MasterCard gift card to my wallet, it worked perfectly fine and showed no error. Yet, when I try to send someone money, I receive “ We’re sorry we couldn’t complete this payment. Your card issuer has declined the payment. Please contact them directly for more details. You can also try this payment again using another method.” I just recently got the giftcard and added my credentials to the card using giftcardmalls website. Can someone please help me?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

xKwm1
Contributor
Contributor
I’d also like to add on that I had a previous Visa gift card, and I could send funds from the card to people. But, when I tried sending money with that card, it has the same error as the MasterCard one.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi @xKwm1,
Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.
I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with your card issuer declining your payment attempts. Some prepaid or virtual cards may not be suitable for use with PayPal. If you want to use such a card, you should make sure that it's reusable. This means that you can add money to the same card multiple times and the card number doesn't change. If you have to add a new card number to your account every time you wish to make a payment, this service should not be used with PayPal. This is because the maximum number of cards that can be added to PayPal account throughout the lifetime of the account is 16. I'd encourage you to contact your card issuer's online transaction department directly for more information, as we do not receive an exact reason for the denial. Contact details are usually found on the back of your card. You can also try to add another debit or credit card to your PayPal account, if you have one available.
-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.