Your account is not supported for this action

nivans
New Community Member

Trying to send money to friend in Ukraine from Israel, but receiving an error: "Your account is not supported for this action". I don't see any limitations to resolve in Resolution Center, also I didn't get any email about limitations in PayPal. So, how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asmeshka 

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646
However the friends/family option is not available in every country.
Unfortunately you are probably in one of those countries so would not be able to send payments to the Ukraine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

annuoka
Contributor
Contributor

I have looked for an option to add the nationality/country to the community profile, but unfortunately, with no luck...
And I can't see anybody else's too

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annuoka 

If you hover over the username of the person that started this thread you will see that they have added their country to their profile, you don't have to do so but it makes it easier when giving advice OR you can just do what you did and mention your country in your post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hauries

hi, im from Colombia

Login to Me Too

santivivas

Hello i am from Colombia i hope i can send money

Login to Me Too

MarynaV
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know why there is such payment limitation for Ukraine or where i can get an answer to my question, except calling to Paypal's call centre 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MarynaV 

Until recently paypal account users in the Ukraine (same as many other countries as per first link) could not 'receive' paypal payments at all.

However since the war paypal have changed it so that they can receive paypal payments BUT only friends/family payments. (as per second link).

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

deferol
New Community Member

The NBU of Ukraine by Decree 78 of 04/20/2022 blocked operations of the "quasi cash" type by transferring funds from hryvnia cards. the possibility of such translation of talks from the user's currency cards is available. thus, the NBU allegedly fights against the washing out of currency from the country. although, in fact, the national bank simply lobbies illegal exchangers and supports the illegal black currency market, in which the dollar exchange rate is significantly higher than the official rate of the national bank and, accordingly, the rates in large commercial banks, which are controlled by the national bank and whose margin cannot be more than 10% from the official rate.
i.e. while PayPal provided the opportunity to help people, the national bank, deliberately, cut it off, as I imagine, to please corrupt interests.
Here are links to official sources:
https://bank.gov.ua/ua/news/all/natsionalniy-bank-zaprovadjuye-dodatkovi-zahodi-dlya-zapobigannya-ne...

Login to Me Too

eugene_p
Contributor
Contributor

Having this problem with sending money. I am from Israel. Is there any known limitation in my country? 

I am not even reach the "amount" page, after entering the email of the recipient and hitting "send money to ..." I get this irritating message. No context, no suggestions except contacting the customer service.

HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

basinm
Hi, why I can't to send money from Israel to Ukraine? I've got this message: "Your account is not supported for this action". I can to send payment s to most of European countries, but why not to Ukraine? I need to donate money for my Ukrainian friend. He waiting for my help. What's the problem?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.