Your account is not supported for this action

nivans
New Community Member

Trying to send money to friend in Ukraine from Israel, but receiving an error: "Your account is not supported for this action". I don't see any limitations to resolve in Resolution Center, also I didn't get any email about limitations in PayPal. So, how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@basinm 

@eugene_p 

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646
However the friends/family option is not available in every country.
Unfortunately you are probably in one of those countries so would not be able to send payments to the Ukraine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eugene_p
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for clarification. Just today morning I succeeded to send money to another account. We both living in Israel, and, I guess, the recipients' account is also defined as Israeli account.

Still it is not clear, why my account is restricted from sending money to some of accounts. 

May that be a limitation for sending money as friend/family payment from one country to another? 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220923D
Contributor
Contributor

Good day.
I am from Belarus. I want to transfer money to my friends in Ukraine. But I can't do it, because I get the message "Your account is not supported for this action.".
My friend (he is also from Belarus) manages to transfer money to Ukraine (but only through the application). I can't translate through the app either. Why is that?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220923D 

Read my post 2 up from yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220923D
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I've read. But I do not understand why my friend can transfer money to Ukraine through the application (although he is also from Belarus). But I can not.

Login to Me Too

Sophie977
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I'm from Colombia, I hope I can send money too!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.