Your account is not supported for this action

nivans
New Community Member

Trying to send money to friend in Ukraine from Israel, but receiving an error: "Your account is not supported for this action". I don't see any limitations to resolve in Resolution Center, also I didn't get any email about limitations in PayPal. So, how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nivans 

Just recently since the crisis folks in the Ukraine can receive paypal payments HOWEVER they can only do so via the friends/family option.

Also a lot of countries do not have the friends/family option so they cannot send to the Ukraine.

Have you considered if xoom would work for both of your countries?

https://www.xoom.com/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BorkinVA

Is it possible to use friends/family option in Israel?
How to do that?
Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

KNadiya
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue. I tried to use Xoom, but it also is available in limited countries. I am in China, my parents are in Ukraine. I can't send money to them still, despite the promises of availability of paypal. Even though I could pay for some Ukrainian shops' accounts delivery, etc. 

Login to Me Too

MarynaV
Contributor
Contributor

strange, cause i sent money to some people in Ukraine, but for some i am not able to do it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MarynaV 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MarynaV
Contributor
Contributor

i am in Poland. 

Login to Me Too

annuoka
Contributor
Contributor

I have a nationality & address (Israel) in my profile, but have exactly the same problem...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annuoka 

Your nationality is not in your forum profile which is what we need to help you on here, however luckily you have said where you are in your post.

You can only send friends/family payments to the Ukraine as they cannot accept goods/services payments.

HOWEVER in Israel you do not have the option to send friends/family payments so you can't send anything to Ukraine paypal accounts. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

asmeshka

Does the option to send friends/family payments exists in Belarus? Have the same respond when try to send to Ukraine

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.