XOOM Fraud Setup via PP Assistance

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL not able.jpgSeller's website offers purchase of equipment and offer PP option.  PP declines saying to use seller's other payment options.  Seller provides bank account info for XOOM transfer.  ZOOM states it is a PP service and offers similar looking reassurances like "we got you covered".
NOWHERE does XOOM state that purchases are NOT protected.  PP also offers no such warnings,  just how to link account.
PAYPAL not able  xoom.jpg

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhereRInvoices 

''Xoom is a paypal service that allows you to send money to family and friends''.

So it does NOT say for buying goods and services, its say family and friends ie a gift payment and so buyer protection would not be needed as you would not be buying anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

The POINT is that there should have been a VERY obvious warning SOMEWHERE... there was not.

IN FACT quite the opposite.

SHAMEFUL on the part of PP.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhereRInvoices 

Don't think they need a warning as pretty much everyone can understand xoom is a personal payment transfer service.

Otherwise what would be the point of it as goods/services payments are transferred by Paypals site. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you know all this in advance; but those being directed to use XOOM via a seller do not know this because there is NO OBvious warning -- like there should be.  If ppl are paying a fee, and see "we got you covered", they assume they are protected.
THIS is shameful OBVIOUS negligence on the part of PP.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhereRInvoices 

Really? You can't take 10 seconds to read up about a service before you use it?

You choose your transactions, and you choose your seller and you choose your payment processor. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WhereRInvoices
Contributor
Contributor

OBVIOUSLY some ulterior motive..  against simply providing safe info.
SHAMEFUL.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhereRInvoices 

Here you go, most folks have the sense to read up on something before they use it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-xoom-and-how-does-it-work-faq3340

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.