Wrong email used on wix to accept payment

Candlemanglasgo
New Community Member
Hi, I setup my online store to accept payments today however added an extra l to my email and did not realise until after I had received an order. I cannot add that email to my PayPal as I cannot confirm it. What happens with the money? Can it be transferred to my account? I have now updated my details after realising my mistake. I have all proof of the transaction from my webstore
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Candlemanglasgo,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize that there may be an issue with checkout being set up with a different email. I know this can be frustrating. Typically, if a payment was completed to the incorrect email address, it is best to cancel or refund the payment, correct the email address and have the customer reinitiate the payment. The funds will be returned after 30 days if they cannot be claimed. 

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

larryse
New Community Member

If order cancelled does the refund happen automatically or does it still take 30 days?

Login to Me Too

Why do I have to wait 30 days for my own money When does supervisor promised me within five days I can get my name with Charlie and how you guys record everything well you got it because I’m bout to see your **bleep** is
Login to Me Too

FranciscaHernan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Same thing happened to me. Wondering if I should initiate a refund to my client and ask her to submit the payment again. Did you ever get a resolution?

Login to Me Too

I nother sign up to sale anything I only received money from my boyfriend and now I can’t get money he sent me why it’s going on a month now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.