Withdrawing to my visa debit card incurs a conversion fee?

MisterFriki
Contributor
Contributor

It has never been like this before. When I send dollars to my debit visa ( I click Transfer funds, transfer to  your bank, Instant Visa transfer ) I have never been forced to convert my dollars into euro in order to send them ( especially not at draconic conversion rates btw... taking 30 euro as fees, disgraceful )  

Now I am forced to send the balance as EURO, but, why? What changed. I sent dollars 2 weeks ago with ZERO problems using the same method. What changed between now and 2 weeks ago?

I didn't change anything on my part, so what is going on. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MisterFriki

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues transferring funds to your card. It would be hard to say specifically what the difference is between the last transfer and this transfer if the card hasn't been updated and the balance currency hasn't changed either. Those are normally the main two issues. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page to look further into this. 

Good luck and my apologies again for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.