Withdraw to a Debit Card which expired during the transfer

MCIGA
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

As it's titled, I have made a withdrawal to my Visa card that was about to expire, and unfortunately, I failed to renew it. 

Now Paypal confirmed the transaction but my bank said that nothing was received and even the card issuer said the same thing, even though Paypal provided a transaction reference.

So, what should I do now or what should happen now?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Haiti954
Contributor
Contributor
It’s your bank you have to deal with because your debit card is expired. Get a replacement card and try the withdrawal again
Login to Me Too

MCIGA
Contributor
Contributor

I got a new card, but the previously withdrawn fund is unlocated until now! My bank is insisting that the reference number provided by Paypal contains nothing and that they have received nothing. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MCIGA 

If both old and new cards belong or belonged to the same account then it should go throuh ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MCIGA
Contributor
Contributor

What if the old card doesn't belong to the same account? But instead, the card has a different one?

Either way, the old card account is still there and accessible by me, even though the card has expired, but my bank has confirmed that nothing was received even though Paypal has provided the reference number. 

The bank claimed that nor they nor the card issuer have received funds with that reference number!

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.