Withdraw USD outside US with local bank

sniverick
New Community Member

So I’m from Indonesia and when I tried to link my bank account it says “You can only link a bank account in Indonesian rupiah”

rupiah is the currency of my country.

if I withdraw my money to my bank, is it gonna be converted to IDR?

My bank account can receive USD and I want it to still receive it in USD, is it doable in PayPal?

thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sniverick 

if I withdraw my money to my bank, is it gonna be converted to IDR?

Yes. 

“You may only withdraw the balance in the opening currency of your account or such other currency that PayPal supports for withdrawal in your registered country/region. In order to withdraw the balance in your account which is held in another currency you will have to convert the currency to the opening currency of your account, or it will be converted for you at the time of your withdrawal. PayPal's transaction exchange rate, including our currency conversion fee, will be used.”

https://www.paypal.com/id/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#currency-conversion

My bank account can receive USD and I want it to still receive it in USD, is it doable in PayPal?

No. In order to withdraw in USD, you must link a US bank account that has a ABA Routing number.

Fees for withdrawal methods:

Bank account:

No Fee • (when no currency conversion is involved) where withdrawal amount is greater than 1,500,000.00 IDR. 
16,000.00 IDR • If withdrawal amount is less than 1,500,000.00 IDR

US Bank account:

3.00%

Cards:

Fixed Fee for card withdrawal applies per withdrawal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.