Will I still get my refund if my account it now limited?

alexisu
New Community Member

I filed a dispute and won it after I escalated it because the seller never responded. Today I got an email confirming the refund and that it would take a few business days for me to see it because I had paid through my debit card via paypal. A few hours later my account got limited, will I still be getting that refund? Does anyone know why this happens? It was a large sum, and the seller did scam me, I provided all details and images. The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is I removed my credit card from my paypal account and canceled all of my current pre authorized payments for financial reasons. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @alexisu

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

You mentioned that you originally paid for this transaction using a card via PayPal. Therefore the refund will be credited to the same card. Your account limitation will not impact this.

It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. 

I hope this helps, enjoy your day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.