Why so low Exchange rates?

kapiljamwal
Contributor
Contributor

I notice that PayPal 1USD rate is - 71.6779 rs. But in India right now 1 USD rate is 74.25 may I know why Paypal gives us a low rate always 😞

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kapiljamwal 

Because PayPal adds a % conversion fee to the base exchange rate to calculate the exchange rate to keep the lights on and pay employees, make a profit, etc.

Currency conversion is not free.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kapiljamwal
Contributor
Contributor

I know currency conversion is not free PayPal detects the 5% charge my question is why PayPal gives us a dollar rate low.
let me explain more -  My client sent me $200 but PayPal detected the $11 dollar I understand the $11 is PayPal currency conversion fee.
But the rest of my $189 they should convert with the current value of dollar but they always I see 71.something rate give us.  

Thanks
Kapil

Login to Me Too

uisoeaera
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, indeed I understand your frustration. Generally, if you receive money and want to convert it into CAD or USD, expect to incur a conversion fee of 3.5. For the other currencies, the rate is at 4%. Alternatively, you may use exchangers to convert and get the best rates. Notably, if you try <Removed> to compare from a list of over 50 exchangers and choose the best. The platform supports all e-currencies, including PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.