Why paypal forces me to use the connected credit card even though my balance is sufficient?

DingiDongi
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal forces me to use the connected credit card, even though my fund balance is sufficient.

There is nothing wrong with the credit card because when I use the credit card (because no other choice) it works.

I have seen the same problem posted, even when an active bank account is connected.

This is really annoying.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DingiDongi 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DingiDong
New Community Member
Thanks, but my setting is already on "use balance". That doesn't change the fact that paypal randomly forces the use the credit card attached, even though enough fund is available in balance.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DingiDongi 

Normally you can use funds in your Paypal balance if they are cleared and not pending and in the correct currency.
There may also be other reasons why you cannot use your balance when you make a transaction. For example, Paypal state that to provide one of the safest online payment methods their security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep users safe.
Occasionally, they change a payment method as a matter of security. So sometimes a funding source may be unavailable at the time of the purchase. Paypal would not be able to manually change the security settings. However, you can try clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours without accessing your account to let the system reset and try again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.