Why is pay pal credit not showing as payment option?

KenIII
Contributor
Contributor

Why is pay pal credit not a payment option? I only applied for my ebay purchase to get 6 months no interest as was advertised at check out. After approval, I see the credit line on my pay pal account, but was unable to use for my transaction. I had to use my bank. What a waste of time and now I have an open credit line I don't want.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

RichardCB
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Just made a purchase on Google and no PayPal options appeared. Just discovered that the full amount has been taken from my bank. Very annoying.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @KenIII, @RichardCB,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues using PayPal Credit as a payment method. Unfortunately, PayPal Credit may not be available for all merchants. If the option to use PayPal Credit is available for a specific merchant, it will normally be made available during checkout. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this presents,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

KenIII
Contributor
Contributor
That's scam like. Because the offer was made to me at the merchant while checking out with complete intention of paying another way. Pay pal OFFERED me the option to do 6 months no interest. So wasted my time(HOURS) as I tried to figure it out, and pay pal inquired into my credit already knowing I couldn't use it for the purchase?! Poor poor poor "business"
Login to Me Too

oldmemes
Contributor
Contributor

So how do we know then? Why is there not a list? The offer says "will be discounted automatically on your next purchase". It does not say only certain vendors. This is totally fraud and a scam!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @KenIII, sorry for the confusion! If the offer to use PayPal Credit is made available during checkout, it's availability would still contingent be on credit approval. If the option to use PayPal Credit was made available during checkout but denied for some reason, I'd recommend reaching out to their Customer Support teams with the number at the bottom of the following FAQ page.

Hello @oldmemes, great question! Unfortunately there's not a specific list of merchants that accept PayPal Credit. However, since PayPal Credit is not a discount, it sounds like you may be referencing another promotional offer. In which case I'd recommend reviewing the Terms and Conditions of that offer to review how the reward is credited and / or used. If you're still running into issues after that, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck all!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

oldmemes
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK 

It is supposed to be credited automatically after purchase. Did you not read what I typed? If you are supposed to know about PayPal stuff, why do you not know about there biggest promo right now? 

Also, I DID try to contact PayPal. They sent me here! How good are your lawyers? Because a class-action lawsuit could be good with a lot of people. Fraud is a CRIME!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.