Why is a payment taking so long to reach PayPal?

Domh929
Contributor
Contributor
A clothes company authorised a payment from my PayPal, in which it was not taken until 10 days later. Upon the company taking the funds it placed my PayPal account into minus so I needed to add funds to bring it back up to 0. Upon adding the funds, I noticed a 10 day timeframe which sounds absurd for such a tiny transaction. Why would it take 10 days to send?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Domh929 

3 working days as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-balance-faq1348

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Domh929
Contributor
Contributor
I’m unsure what’s happening. The payment still hasn’t reached my account and says there’s 5 days left on the transaction.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Domh929,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that the funds have still not been credited to your PayPal account and I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. Please note that when you add funds, we'll send you an email once the money is in your PayPal balance. Typically, the transfer takes a few minutes, but please allow up to 3-5 business days depending on your bank. If the money added still not been received on the account, kindly reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly to trace the funds.

Best Wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.