Why is a 21 Year Customer suddenly having Funds Held?

scubus
Contributor
Contributor
Pal story:

I have been a PayPal customer for 21 years - since PayPal started - and I have hundreds of successful transactions, never had a complaint, chargeback or other negative experience from buyers, EVER. I have sold many golf clubs for considerably more than the putter I sold today, and yet, for NO REASON, the payment to me is being held for 21 days. I have NEVER taken more than 3 days to ship an item, and normally ship within 24 hours. 

There is simply NO good reason to hold my funds, for ANY amount of time, especially without warning and during Black Friday week. And after 47 minutes on hold with PayPal this afternoon, nobody has been able to give me ANY firm reason why my cash is being held. Please do not respond with the "Hold Information" page. I don't need to "know more about the process", I need my funds released. Now.

I have stayed with PayPal for what I considered an established relationship and convenience. This experience is neither, and there are other options to PayPal.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scubus 

If you don't want information then contact customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scubus
Contributor
Contributor

I wasn't clear.  I'd like to know why MY funds are being held.  PayPal doesn't seem to be able to answer and simply provides generic hold information and scripted replies.  That is hardly helpful.

I understand that my post may have been misleading - it was what I sent to PayPal and I didn't think about how it would be read here.  Sorry for the confusion.  I was hoping I could actually get some more specific information from the community.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.