Why does Paypal allow EBay to intercept payments when Paypal is my preferred payment method?

Sushi13
New Community Member

Since May 2021, EBay now "manages" payments for sales, even though the preferred payment method is Paypal. Money is no longer

received on a Paypal account but sent directly to the seller's bank account after deduction of "fees" which have increased considerably, including Payapl fees. What is the point of using Paypal then?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sushi13 

You can use paypal on hundreds of other sites, just because ebay has dropped paypal does not mean paypal won't still be used by buyers / sellers elsewhere worldwide.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

johnday12
Contributor
Contributor
Sellers have migrated to Facebook and new startup ebay businesses quickly leaving Ebay for Facebook marketplace Amazon or Allibaba express , they paypal direct to seller Ebay shares slipping , I have cancelled some sales when date for payment was a month away and screen shotted Ebays outragious month away from funds date i have now told sellers dispatch times are from when payment is cleared into my bank account which gets sellers furious and they bombard ebay with complaints , after all what shops would wait a month for payment none Ebay shares are slipping amount of items for sale in electricals and items which are £10 upwards have fallen by 70% as ebays month's wait cripples small companies cash flow , ombudsman is flooded with complaints its breaches financial cartels law and financial laws , banks would be fined heavy if they did this , complain to financial ombudsman , you are seller buyer is led to believe they are paying seller its fraudulent and misleading . I think paypal will incurr penalty as well when authority starts case
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.