Why do I need to "Confirm Shipment Received" on services?

BlackPlasma
Contributor
Contributor

I am paying my contractor for "Goods and Services" via Paypal. Every time I pay him, I have to go into the payment later and "Confirm shipment received."

There are no shipments. I just want to pay for the services performed. Is there a way to disable shipment information as there is nothing being shipped and no goods being sold or bought?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BlackPlasma 

As its not for goods but services then by confirming the transaction as received would allow the seller access to their held funds (held under the new seller hold) sooner. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BlackPlasma
Contributor
Contributor

That is a restatement of my issue and not a solution at all. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BlackPlasma 

ok, you're welcome, won't bother with any other advice then, bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aphedge
New Community Member
Have you found any solution to bypass the "confirm shipping" step? Our service does not ship anything and this step hinders our ability to offer service effectively
Login to Me Too

BlackPlasma
Contributor
Contributor

I have indeed found the solution since then! And it was surprisingly simple, just a poor UI design.

When you're paying for Goods and Services, on the final screen there is a section in the middle where it states your address. At first glance it looks like it's just confirming your account info, but if you click ON your address, it actually opens a window where you can select "No address needed." See images attached.

This has solved my issue.

You can click on this boxYou can click on this boxAnd set it to none neededAnd set it to none needed

Login to Me Too

BlackPlasma
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind. This time I paid my contractor again and set No Shipment Address or whatever, and my contractor still cannot be paid until I go into the transaction later and "confirm shipment received." 

Going to have to stop using Goods and Services and just pay with Family and Friends instead, which is not appropriate for my business but oh well. If someone else finds a solution please let us know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.