Why did my refund not appear on my bank account despite being confirmed on PayPal?

vaipin7
Contributor
Contributor

I was supposed to receive a refund to my bank account via PayPal. The PayPal app/site confirms that I received the refund, but the reimbursement does not appear on my bank account transaction list. Any help is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vaipin7 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vaipin7 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

geoffviper2044
Contributor
Contributor

no where  on the planet , should  it  take more than 3 working days to issue a refund to a bank account. How can it state  . Status "completed"

when the transaction is not in the account, therefore not completed. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geoffviper2044 

Did you read the link?

Also 'completed' just means paypal have completed the auto request to have the refund sent to the funding source you used to pay, it does not mean its in your bank or card account as Paypal would have no way of knowing that. They can't see into those accounts to see how long your bank or card issuer took to process the credit for you.

I often have refunds from companies with an accompanying email stating refund has been made but may take a few days up to a week to show in my card account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

good morning could you please update your problem and let us know if it was resolved and how long after?  going through the same thing ..thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.