Why did Pp still leave my money to the seller?

HMou
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

The seller did not send any for the purchase, but charged also for the shipping. PayPal returned the money for the purchase but no shipping even though the seller didn't even send anything, why did PayPal still leave my money (shipping money) to the seller?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I wish people or whoever is doing it to stop moving posts about because all the stuff I wrote gets erased when submitted and have to write it all over again!!! It’s annoying!

@HMou 

The seller can issue a full or partial refund amount and there are…

Risks when receiving refunds

The returned amount could be lower in value than your original payment amount. This can happen as a result of:

• The recipient sending you a refund lower in value than your original payment amount. As we are only a payment service provider, we cannot know what you are entitled to from the original payment recipient as a refund or why the recipient sent the refund in a particular amount.
  • Transaction exchange rate fluctuations.

PayPal is not responsible for any loss resulting from the recipient's decision to refuse or refund your payment, except to the extent that a refund sent by the recipient is a payment executed incorrectly by PayPal.

We are not liable to you for the difference between the value of your original payment and the value of the resulting refund, except to the extent that the refund is an incorrect payment (see the section on Resolving Problems).“

(ie. Meaning if seller refunded €5 as intended but PayPal processed €4 in error.)

https://www.paypal.com/fi/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#refunds

If a dispute was opened, sellers can refund in full or odder a partial that you can either accept or deny otherwise PayPal generally refunds in full (item price and original shipping costs).

If you didn’t receive this refund as part of a dispute you may try to open an item not received dispute for the remaining amount or ask customer service for assistance to open a dispute:

1. https://www.paypal.com/fi/smarthelp/contact-us     
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.     
  3. Click Disputes.    
  4. Click Dispute a payment.    
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HMou
Contributor
Contributor

No, the seller didn't even send any goods, so there is no return risk, what so ever. The original invoice also included shipping, but PP did not return that shipping money to me, but left it to the seller, who didn't even answer any questions about why the goods weren't sent. so PP's actions are steal and bs. AND here in Europe it is very difficult to get any PP person to answer questions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.