Why can’t I receive payment?

Ngozi2
Contributor
Contributor
I was sent money from Asia to my PayPal account through my email but I’ve not received it & it’s not on pending transaction nor on notification, what could be the problem? Does my account have issue? Please help me..
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ngozi2 

The option to receive Paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive Paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ngozi2
Contributor
Contributor
How can the sender cancel the transaction so to get their money back? Sender is in Asia & am in Nigeria
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ngozi2 

Should show as pending or pending / unclaimed on their account, if there is a cancel option use it, if not it should time out 30 days post sending.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ngozi2
Contributor
Contributor
The sender said no pending order or transaction is displayed from their end, same as mine; does it mean that the payment never went? The sender asked
Login to Me Too

Ngozi2
Contributor
Contributor
Sir pls I need ur response, in the case where the sender doesn’t ve a pending transaction on their side to cancel & I didn’t ve any pending transaction bcs of my country can’t receive; the sender asked if the payment never went?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Ngozi2,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that the person who sent you funds is stating that they have not received the funds back. Please advise them to contact our Customer Support in order to receive additional assistance with this issue. They can click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available option for contacting them.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.