Why can't I change to another card when choosing the payment method?

subpardaemon
New Community Member

I have set up multiple cards in my account -- one card being my standard bank card, the others prepaid bonus cards I got from my employer. The setups are complete, even validated my prepaid cards. When I try to pay, however, the window shows my standard bank card only, I cannot switch cards. I have tried setting one of the prepaid cards to be the default payment option, but it still only gives me my bank card. I have tried adding the card again in the same window, success, but still only lets me select my bank card. So I ended up paying logged out, directly using my prepaid card, and that worked, but that does not give me buyers protection, nor does it store the transaction in my log.

What is going on? I have made successful payments with that card before.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

NasirB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @subpardaemon.

It looks like you are unable to use prepaid card for the purchase. It's possible that some of the merchant do not accept the prepaid cards as the payment method and that could be the reason the system shows the bank card. 

Stay safe and have a good day! 
Nasir

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.