Why are my orders being declined, but paypal says nothing is wrong?

ttaili
Contributor
Contributor

Orders that I make using PayPal have been canceled with an error stating that they are unable to obtain authorization from PayPal. When I contacted PayPal, a representative told me that there is nothing wrong on their end. One company told me that the decline or cancellation could be for one of the following reasons:

1. The billing information provided did not match what is on file for your credit or debit card, i.e., name, address, and/or telephone number.
2. The credit or debit card linked through PayPal was not issued in a country that we accept payment from.

Any idea of how this can be rectified?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ttaili 

You have a U.S paypal account so do you live in the U.S?

If so have you added a U.S bank account or card to your paypal account and confirmed them?

Does the billing address of your card exactly match the address on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ttaili
Contributor
Contributor
I live in the U.S. and address matches. However, I have been getting spoof emails asking me to update my account. I've never responded. I always report, then delete.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ttaili 

Have you verified your paypal account?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-faq444?app=searchAutoC...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.