When a refund says completed, when do we receive the money?

avocadolover
Contributor
Contributor

When a refund says completed, when do we receive the money? Because I have checked several times a day and it's saying it completed but I don't have the money yet. A store sent me a refund, it went through my paypal it was pending now it shows completed but I don't have any money from it in my paypal. Is it going to my bank now? I thought it would just show up in my paypal if they refund me through paypal. Does paypal send it to your bank account?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avocadolover 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Completed does not mean its in your bank or card account as there is no way paypal can know when your bank or card credit your account. It just means that paypal have completed the refund and passed it on to your bank or card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avocadolover 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Completed does not mean its in your bank or card account as there is no way paypal can know when your bank or card credit your account. It just means that paypal have completed the refund and passed it on to your bank or card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

avocadolover
Contributor
Contributor

Oh thanks, I was getting nervous when I saw it had completed but the money didn't go anywhere. I'll just wait it out, thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.