What prevents my country to be able to withdraw money? (Guatemala)

mrkzy
New Community Member
Im currently based at Guatemala. I can pay with Paypal and receive money in my account but there is literally no way to withdraw it. My question here is: Is it a matter of banks? A government (laws) issue? Or simply a Paypal policy?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrkzy 

https://www.paypal.com/ar/webapps/mpp/withdrawal-options

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Conkuk
New Community Member

Look, I'm sorry, but this is not an answer.

I have a friend in Guatemala that has the same issue.
when we go to your link and select Guatemala it says that you need a US bank account....

Like seriously, wth, if he had a US bank account then it was not even a question.

How does it help someone in Guatemala when the website says US.

This is complete BS.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Conkuk 

Guess you didn't actually bother to click on the link and scroll down to Guatemala then??

If you had you would have seen that I DID provide the answer as the ONLY way to withdraw funds in Guatemala is via a U.S bank account.

Not every country has the option to withdraw funds and some are limited to either local bank accounts OR credit cards OR via a cheque OR not at all UNLESS they have a U.S bank account.

Paypal allows you to add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.