We could not complete this payment, because it has been denied.

TyanaU
Contributor
Contributor

TyanaU_0-1675149960011.png

Hello Community,

I'm so new here, Please help me make sense of this issue. I have been using my Prepaid card to send money. My last transaction was on 30 Dec. 2022. I have been trying to send money for the last 3 days using the same Prepaid Card but I keep seeing the above error message. What should I do, how do i resolve this issue? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TyanaU

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some road-blocks sending money with PayPal. Have you tried using a different funding source? You may run into issues using a prepaid card on PayPal from time to time. We normally only recommend using non-prepaid debit and credit cards on our service. If you're still unable to make a payment after trying another funding source, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support after trying the steps in the following Help Center article: Why was my payment declined?

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TyanaU

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some road-blocks sending money with PayPal. Have you tried using a different funding source? You may run into issues using a prepaid card on PayPal from time to time. We normally only recommend using non-prepaid debit and credit cards on our service. If you're still unable to make a payment after trying another funding source, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support after trying the steps in the following Help Center article: Why was my payment declined?

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TyanaU
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jon K,

Thank you for assisting me. Firstly, I'd like to mention my location -Nigeria; our currency is Naira and then I have to source Dollars. I have tried to use my debit card and it was also denied. Prepaid cards are allowed to be used for Paypal and other international platforms but it's funny how it's suddenly denied. I have contacted Customer Care and I'm yet to receive their response. I have also visited the bank to report this issue. Thank you again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.