Want to sell movie DVDs online how do I verify age of buyers?

KS821
Contributor
Contributor

Hi not sure where best to ask this as non of the catorgaries really fit.

I'm in the UK before creating a website for selling Hollywood movie DVDs 15+ and 18+ online how can I verify age of buyer?

Does Paypal offer any age verification during buyer checkout or do i need to ask for buyer's ID?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nicklinn
Contributor
Contributor

Typically:
[  ]  - I agree that I am of legal age to purchase this product.
I wouldn't do that without adult signature however.   

Most of my clients are in US/Canada so what you need may be different where you are from, I would talk with a lawyer.  Paypal doesn't verify age so it cannot confirm the age of the buyer to the rigor that you would likely need.   

That said if they are fines involved for miss-sale of age restricted goods then I wouldn't touch it if the profit margin are that small.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nicklinn
Contributor
Contributor

Typically when I have worked setting up systems for people who sell age restricted items, it is just a simple agreement plus the item is sent Adult Signature required.   Is that an option for you?

Login to Me Too

KS821
Contributor
Contributor

Most of the dvds have a value of 2-3 pound including 2nd class post if I need to pay an extra £3 for signature I'd have to think about whether is worth selling them.

What do you mean by a simple agreement can you explain more about that?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

nicklinn
Contributor
Contributor

Typically:
[  ]  - I agree that I am of legal age to purchase this product.
I wouldn't do that without adult signature however.   

Most of my clients are in US/Canada so what you need may be different where you are from, I would talk with a lawyer.  Paypal doesn't verify age so it cannot confirm the age of the buyer to the rigor that you would likely need.   

That said if they are fines involved for miss-sale of age restricted goods then I wouldn't touch it if the profit margin are that small.

Login to Me Too

KS821
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I agree that its not worth doing. thanks for your time and information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.