Using the Cash A Check for an international customer

Julius0133
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, I've got a bit of a delicate situation and was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction.

I'm aware PayPal has the Cash a Check service via the app which allows cashing a check by taking photos of it and doing it without any human contact. I've got several checks I received a while ago from Amazon (I was an Amazon associate, a.k.a. affiliate) but I can see that this option is not available on my app.

From what I've researched, you have to be in the U.S. to have this option. I'm from Lithuania myself and the checks are under my name. However, I've got someone I know who lives in the U.S.

With that, I was wondering if it is possible to cash this check for that person and send the funds to my account even though the checks are not under his name? Would PayPal verify that kind of operation? Or should I ask PayPal's support for further assistance?

The reason I'm asking is that none of my country's banks are offering cash checking services anymore.

Thank you very much,

Julius 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julius0133 

Name on the cheque has to match the name of the Paypal account holder cashing the cheque unfortunately.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3739

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julius0133 

Name on the cheque has to match the name of the Paypal account holder cashing the cheque unfortunately.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3739

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Julius0133
Contributor
Contributor

Got it, thanks.

Login to Me Too

BigChungus760
Contributor
Contributor
I've never tried this myself but maybe spoofing your location would work?
Login to Me Too

Julius0133
Contributor
Contributor

What do you exactly mean by spoofing?

Login to Me Too

BigChungus760
Contributor
Contributor
It's kind of like tricking your phones GPS into thinking it's in another location. It's not done by VPN.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.