Using my account by family member

Temp20221003E
New Community Member

Hi everyone! I have this situation and it could be great to have your advice. I am located in USA and have a personal PP account. And I have a nephew who lives in country that doesn't have PP available. He is musician and started selling his music on some online platform and now he is asking if he could use my account to collect money (it's around 50-60 $ per month) because without payment option those money simply disappear.  Can I help him with it? I am not going to share my account password with him, all that he needs is email address. And am ok if it will be considered as my income and I will have to pay some taxes. Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Shuflyadka1794,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I understand you want to help your nephew with his business. That is very kind of you to offer. Unfortunately, this would not be permitted on PayPal's system. 

PayPal is country specific. Due to regulations, PayPal can only be used in countries it is currently avilable in. By you receiving payments for your nephew, that could be considered as a breach of our User Agreement. 

You should also not receive payments for goods/service that you are not personally providing to the senders. If there are any issues with the payments, you would be liable for them which could affect your PayPal account. 

I would suggest your nephew to use a payment processor that is avilable in his region. 

Thank you for your understanding!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.