temp20211017
New Community Member

How do I do this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @temp20211017,

Thank you for your post!

If you click the transaction details, you can mark the item as shipped. Once you do this, the buyer can mark on their end that they received the virtual product or service. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jshafer9695
New Community Member
What if the payment someone sent me isnt from a good or service? I was sent a payment and its being held until i add shipping info but the payment is just from a family member and not for a good or service
Login to Me Too

Postnihilist
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same situation. Did you ever get an answer on this?

Login to Me Too

Sam256
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

firstly this happens if your paypal account is setup as a business account and no verified. this means that any funds that come in your account is treated as a transaction by the system.  the quick fix would be to click on the transaction, add tracking number , under the drop-down menu select "order processed" and submit. The funds will reflect in your balance in 7 days.

The permanent fix will be to verify your account, there is no debate about that.

Login to Me Too

x0akumax0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. my account is just a personal account. The same issue as above my money is on hold. i do not sell anything, a friend just sent money and it asks for shipping/tracking number.  What do i do? Do i still need to verify my account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@x0akumax0 

I don't think you have the friends/family option in your country so all payments are seen as paying for goods/services.

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. IF you have received the funds for a service / virtual or digital sale OR no tracking number is applicable as it was a gift payment from a family member then Paypal would be unable to release the funds any sooner than 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If they confirm this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner ie 7 days after they verify receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed.  If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

britblends
New Community Member

How do you verify your account?

Login to Me Too

goryeo
New Community Member

So should I ask them to mark it on their end after I have given them the item? I have already given them the item but the payment is taking a while even though I delivered it to them the next day.

Login to Me Too

mckhee

hi can any one please help me i update the payment incorrectly I'm selling a virtual product i should put it with virtual thing so i can get the money in 7 business days but i update it incorrectly and put it as a physical product that need to be confirm by the buyer can i change it back again so that it will mark as virtual product ... sorry for bad english 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.