Unfindable and unrecognized transaction that happened on my bank card through PayPal

vinar4e
New Community Member

Hello there everyone,

Today I got charged for 133 BGN which I don't recognize. I called my bank and they said it's a PayPal transaction, however in my PayPal history I don't see such transaction. I've never added my card to any other PayPal accounts and I'm really confused on what happened. It's not a small amount and somehow I want to find what happened and how to refund this amount.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vinar4e 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services and your card issuer to query the transactions.

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @vinar4e. I understand  your concern about seeing a charge you don't recognize on your bank statement. In addition to @kernowlass' excellent reply, it sounds like someone obtained your bank or bank card information and used it to pay for an online purchase. That fits with what you said about not recognizing the purchase and with there being no corresponding transaction in your PayPal account.

I'm sorry for any confusion with what your bank told you, but if it's a situation where someone was able to get  your bank or bank card info, only your bank can address the situation. Yes, PayPal processed the payment, but that's really not the important point. If your bank or bank card information has been compromised, only your bank can take steps to close the affected account, and only your bank can take steps to issue a refund.

Your bank will be able to contact PayPal to receive reimbursement for any refund they give you, but, again, that's up to them to sort out with PayPal. It's not something you need to work on with PayPal.

I hope this is helpful in addition to what @kernowlass mentioned. If you need additional assistance, please log on to your PayPal account, click Contact at the bottom of any page and then select the topic that best fits your concern. With some additional details, it may be possible to locate a transaction in PayPal's System, but it's very likely your bank will need to take care of things for you.

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.