Unauthorized and no consent payment

OpticClout
New Community Member
Hello, I was editing my essay in grammarly when I accidentally clicked on the premium subscription button. My PayPal account suddenly connected to the grammarly website and purchased the full year plan without any notice from me. It did not even let me verify and have consent for my order. Please, I am a poor student who can not afford this and would never need a full year subscription. I immediately canceled my subscription but It still says the premium membership is still there. Please help me and give me a refund. ThankYou
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi @OpticClout

Welcome to the Community! 

In these situations, we recommend reaching out directly to Grammarly. As a payment processor, we have no access to their subscription plan information. 

An automatic payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you make a purchase on their website without signing in to your PayPal account. This is something that's set up on the first checkout with the merchant. 

You can only Cancel the automatic payment and change the payment method through PayPal. 

Hopefully, this answers your question.

PayPal_Craig

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.